Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By WRW76
#33290 Since my last post i have now become unemployed,i have 3 loans and 5 credit cards that i owe around £35000,the credit card companies are starting to call wanting money but i have none and i have no valuables.i also live with my parents so i have no home to claim.what can i do to ease my burden? any help would be appreciated.
By JLP
#33402 Sweetie

Its easy to panic and think you are the only person on the planet with problems,especially if you have no means to pay your debts. But that is the point, you cant pay and creditors cant get blood out of a stone.

Debt is not a hanging offence, there are far worse things to worry about.Easy for me to say when I dont have creditors calling asking to pay.
Please, please check out the link I gave you on the last thread re a Debt Advisor in your area.If you want to pm me your Council area, I can link you to good ones in your area, as I do have contacts at most of them.

The worst thing is approaching someone you dont know and admitting you have a problem. But Debt Advisors arent judgemental and we don't care how or why you got into debt. All we are there to do is discuss your options and what you can do and the consequences for you of any action. We cant stop every creditor from calling you, but when you have approached someone and they have agreed to take on your case, all you have to do is refer them to whoever you have contacted and refuse to speak to them.

Please try not to worry, its a New Year in less than 24 hours.Make this the year that you deal with your debt face on, and spend less time worrying about what you cannot change.

Peace and prosperity in 2006.

Love JLP

XXXXX
By WRW76
#34889 ive got payplan on to it,they couldnt be nicer on the phone.they sent me a form by email which i had to name all my creditors and reference numbers.they emailed me the next day saying that they were making up a plan for my creditors.