Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By jade
#203409 I have a query folks - All help appreciated

A friedn of mine has just split up from a relationship and is moving around various of us her friends sleeping in spare rooms and couches etc until she sorts herself out.

Anyway in the meantime she also needs to deal with debt she has from the relationship -a shse is of no fixed abode - can she apply for a TD or Sequestration using a PO Address provided she lets all creditors know that address?

Over to you????
User avatar
By scotcrew
#203410 I am fairly certain that you can use a c/o (care of) address. It is where you are on the day of bankruptcy/sequestration.

Unfortunately, I can't recall where I read this - so still open to other posters!