Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By digger1045
#163035 hi i owe 8000 to bank of scotland what is trend in them agreeing with 35/40p return and my 10000 barclays is with Trident corporate services (scott and co)

my partner has a halifax credit card of 10000 with westcot credit services and her halifax is with eversheds of 9000 any idea of objection

we are paying 400 a month each to TD

are we heading to sequestration already
By wdm
#163037 In 2003, 2004, 2005 95% of TD's became protected. That figure is probably slightly less at the moment because some creditors seem to be playing hardball. However your expected return is very high for a TD so I wouldn't expect any problems.

Try not to worry-easier said I know!
By digger1045
#163039 will wescot credit services contact Halifax credit card to try refuse it?

Are bank of scotland hardliners!!
By wdm
#163041 Off the top of my head HSBC and Northern Rock have been mentioned as difficult. Halifax and BoS are part of teh same group incidentally but I haven't heard they are difficult. 35-40p in pound is really very high so I can't think they would object.
By digger1045
#163044 my ip says it a bit of a hit or miss who gets the file but she gotten the objection overturned in the past,

what you think about the scott and co which is barclays of 10000

and westcot do they not own the bank debt now?
By Scrooge
#163046 If you're paying £400 a month each to the TD I would think it's highly unlikely to say the least it would not become protected.