Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By krav
#154990 Hi there,

I'm new here and in need of some advice.
I applied for a time to pay order, which i've heard nothing back about.
If the offer is rejected, and a hearing is set will i be informed of the hearing date?
If i'm not informed of a date what does this mean?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
By Scrooge
#155132 The Time to Pay Order gets considered by the Court. I got no notification of when the Court Hearing was at all, just a letter afterwards saying the Time to Pay had been granted, so if you want to know when the case will be heard I suggest you phone the Sheriff Clerk at the Court dealing with it. If it's rejected, you should get a letter telling you this shortly after. Better to find out when it will be heard then phone afterwards to find out the decision.

If the Time to Pay is rejected then you will be ordered to pay the full outstanding amount. If you don't, the creditor can then go back to Court to get further measures to pursue you.

Do you own a house? If you do and they get a decree against you the next step could be an Inhibition Order on the house. If you provide more info we can advise you better in here.