Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Johnyboy
#459903 Hi, Im looking for advice about a Law Firm in Scotland. I have recently received a Charge for Payment from Nolans Solicitors stating I have 14 days to reypay around£9000. This has been ongoing for a number of months now and they state that it is a debt from Blackhorse dated 2005. I have informed them that the debt is not mine but they just ignore me. I contacted Blackhore direct and asked them for the Executed Credit agreement and received an unsigned and incomplete agreement with my name and address but no other details. They cannot provide any other details nor tell me where this agreement was signed. Anyone been in similar situation?.
By TalbotWoods
#459923 Hi and Welcome

A couple of questions if we may, just to make sure you get the correct information.

Have you EVER admitted this debt as being or potentially being yours.

Have you EVER paid anything towards this debt, in any way.

If yes to either of the above have to done this in the past 5 years.

At this stage, we are ignoring the fact that they may be chasing the wrong person, or that there may be an element of 'fraud' goign on here. We are looking at how enforceable this is in a court of law; if we can stop all legal action, then we can move this as a wrong person or fraud action, WITHOUT the risk of them hammering you for this in court.

Tim