Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Samu3l16
#446993 Hope someone can help.
I stopped paying trust deed during maternity leave in 2010 and was subsequently discharged. Debts returned to creditors.
Since then I have moved and have made no payments.
I now find myself in a position where I could make payments again.
I do have multiple creditors.
How/where do I start negotiating repaying my debts?
Thanks in advance for any help.
User avatar
By TalbotWoods
#447003 Can I ask if you are still in Scotland?
User avatar
By TalbotWoods
#447073 I would STRONGLY suggest that you utilise the recognised debt agencies (PayPlan, DAS, Nation Debt Line or StepChange). This is because you have a failed Trust Deed behind you, so if you make contact as an individual some of the creditors may get more 'nasty' than normal.

At this stage I would also contact you TD administrator and get a list off of them of who your creditors were and the account number were (Unless you already have this information), This would also be the first step if you were to deal with this yourself.

You will also need to work out how much you owe to each, and then be prepared to be shocked as some creditors will backdate all charges and interest to the start that you started the TD.

The contact numbers for the agencies are:

PayPlan: Is a national organisation with approaching 20 years of experience in dealing with all kinds of financial situations, no matter how bad they are.
Their advice and help starts with a simple phone call to 0800 280 2816

NDL: Is an organisation that advises you on solutions that are available to you, you can contact them on 0808 808 4000

DAS Scotland: Is a scheme that allows you to repay your debts at an affordable. You can contact them on 0300 200 2770

StepChange (formerly CCCS) Is an organisation that advises you on available solutions with your financial problems. You can contact them on 0800 138 1111

User avatar
By TalbotWoods
#447263 LOL

Come off it your not that old!!

Remember we are hear if your need to ask anything or just to sound off.

User avatar
By JaneClack
#447693 A debt payment programme through the Debt Arrangement Scheme is probably your best option in Scotland if you do not want to file for sequestration under the apparent insolvency rules (g a failed trust deed). This would freeze interest and charges and stop any further action being taken - you would need to use a qualified intermediary and you can find information on this and other details at