Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Stressed_Not100
#72855 Hi Everyone,
what a great board.. which has helped me and my OH though the fun and games that is bankruptcy.

My OH is now discharged .. yah!

And now i have been reading avidly about people clearing up their CRF's etc. The situation we are in is that the debt problem we had in the UK doesn't travel... so our ability to secure credit, get a full bank account has not changed. As far as anyone is concerned over here.. we have no adverse credit history

Asking for the sage advice of the board here... but do we need to bother getting the CRF's sorted.. as we have no intention of coming back to blighty as we are doing very well over here.

If the considered opinon of the board is that we should sort it out.."as you never know" etc... how do we go about this without a UK residence??

Thanks

Stressed_Not
By Mel_Odious
#72863 From Experian,
http://www.experian.co.uk

Mel

I don't reside in the UK. Can I still apply for a copy of my credit report?

You can apply for a copy of your credit report if you live outside the UK, providing you are asking about a previous UK address.

Print a copy of our application form. You need Adobe® Reader® to open the printable form.
Complete the application, including your full name, present address, and any other addresses you lived at in the UK during the last six years.
Enclose a cheque or postal order for £2.00 made payable to Experian Ltd.
Send the application and payment to Experian Ltd, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF.
As you are currently living overseas you should send original documentation connecting you to your present address and previous UK address (eg, bank statement, tenancy agreement, solicitor's letter, or recent utility bill in your name), as well as a copy of your birth certificate, passport, or driving licence.

We advise you to also contact the other two UK credit reference agencies for a copy of the information they hold, as it is not necessarily the same. The names and addresses of the other credit reference agencies are as follows:
Equifax Europe Ltd : P O Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
CallCredit PLC : Consumer Services Team, P O Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ.
By Stressed_Not100
#72868 thanks Mel..

Its probably going to be a little difficult getting the stuff about our UK residence.. suspect we might have tossed it all.. but hey.. thats life

cheers

Stressed_not