Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByTablecloth
#314273 I've tried a couple of times to clean up my CRFs, should now really get on with it. However, the various systems can't cope with the fact that my address has been spelt variously by various companies (although I always gave out the correct postal address). For example:

The Coach-house, Grantley Manor
Blob Road
Worktown
AB1 2CD

has been rendered
Grantley Manor Coach-house
Blob Road
Worktown
AB1 2CD

Grantley Coach-house
Blob Road
Worktown
AB1 2CD

as well as correctly. Last year I got the Council to assign a number (the post office has a 45 year history of mis-delivering the mail to Grantley OLD Coach-house, it was getting tedious), so it's now
13 Blob Road
Worktown
AB1 2CD.

I tried to get my statutory report online at equifax over the weekend and declared all the variations, as well as my previous and different address. Unfortunately, the AB1 2CD postcode only triggers 13 Blob Road, it ignores all previous variations. This means the system doesn't recognize me and boots me to a non English speaking phone operator, who won't accept who I am because all her questions: Have you a mortgage? Have you a loan? Have you a catalogue? Have you hire purchase? Have you a credit card? all have the answer 'no'.

A recent search by a finance company couldn't find my last two years because of the address issues, so it is important. Fortunately I was able to send them plenty of statements/payslips etc to prove the address.

Any ideas of how to draw the variations together would be much appreciated.
ByTalbotWoods
#314333 Hi Tablecloth

This is one of those times that you will need to phone and actually speak to a human at each CRA, to explain what has happened and to get them to link each address to your CRF.

Before you start you need to have each variation that may have been used, to help them.

Once you have spoken with them they may ask you to email the information up, as that tends to be more accurate, and allows them time to do it.

The reason for all the differences is not normally the creditor keying in the incorrect information, it is more down to the Postal Address Finder software that they use, for example with one company, the software they have cant find me, and on another it gives a completely incorrect address name, even though I live at a number!