Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#42277 Hi, I expect this subject has been written a few times now..
Ive been lurking here for a while reading up as many posts as possible but still confused.
I wonder if anyone could help me clear up my CRF's?

I was discharged last September and now would like to start clearing up my credit file which i know will be in a complete mess,

1. What is the first line of action? After I have received my CRF's?
2. I know most of my credit reports will show defaults can I get them marked as Settled/Satisfied ?

Also, Does anyone have a "Bare Bone" letters that I can send to my "ex" creditors to amend my credit report.

Thanks for your support
I look forward to any remarks on this.

Kind Regards

Gaz
ByMel_Odious
#42281
Gaz-UK wrote:Hi, I expect this subject has been written a few times now..
Ive been lurking here for a while reading up as many posts as possible but still confused.
I wonder if anyone could help me clear up my CRF's?

I was discharged last September and now would like to start clearing up my credit file which i know will be in a complete mess,

1. What is the first line of action? After I have received my CRF's?
2. I know most of my credit reports will show defaults can I get them marked as Settled/Satisfied ?

Also, Does anyone have a "Bare Bone" letters that I can send to my "ex" creditors to amend my credit report.

Thanks for your support
I look forward to any remarks on this.

Kind Regards

Gaz


if you look back through this thread you will see the Information Commissioner's ruling on this. If you have been reading many posts you would have seen this and other comments on clearing CRFs.
Yes, the lenders should mark your defaults as settled or satisfied as to whether they will or not, aye there's the rub.
Your letter should include the IC's ruling and proof of your discharge.
Get your CRFs first and go from there.

Mel
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#42312 Thanks for your quick reply Mel.

Will get my CRF's down and will get on with trying to sort them out.

Mel, Do I need to pay for a Discharge Letter from the courts (£60)or will my letter from OR telling me of my discharge date be OK ?

Many Thanks

Gary
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#44696 I received my CRFs this morning, now the task of getting them Satisfied..

One company has listed this..

Terms 48@ £178 Monthly
Balances Limit £0
Start £0
Current £+0
Default £0

Monthy Status S2321212211111111000


The question is, What do I do about this entry?


Look forward to your reply


Gaz
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#44741 Hi Mel

Thanks for your quick reply. There is no date of default

Just

Start 30/11/01
End 18/6/04


Gaz
ByMel_Odious
#44769
Gaz-UK wrote:Hi Mel
Thanks for your quick reply. There is no date of default
Just

Start 30/11/01
End 18/6/04

Gaz


You just need to get it marked as settled or satisfied then.
Also make sure your discharge date is shown on your file.

Mel
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#44950
Mel_Odious wrote:
Gaz-UK wrote:Hi Mel
Thanks for your quick reply. There is no date of default
Just

Start 30/11/01
End 18/6/04

Gaz


You just need to get it marked as settled or satisfied then.
Also make sure your discharge date is shown on your file.

Mel



Yep, Just says "Bank" meaning its not showing as discharged. Do I notify CRA's?

Thanks Mel!


Gaz
ByMel_Odious
#44952 Yep, they will need some proof.
I sent them the copy of my automatic discharge as printed on the Insolvency site. Unfortunately they are only kept on there for 3 months now. You could check to see on the London Gazette site to see if you are shown as discharged and print off a copy from there. Failing which a letter from your OR to say you are discharged or pay 60 squid to get a Certificate of Discharge from the Court or free if you are on benefits.

Mel
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#44955 Thanks Mel..

I have one account that showing a "S" settled but Previous History is still showing. Is this normal?

Kind Regards again Mel


Gaz
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#44959 OK, One last question Mel..
Im using Online Equifax is this the best one to use?

My current score is 171, getting the BANK marked a Discharged may make it go up a little.

Many Regards

Gary
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#45344 Big Problem, Direct Auto Finance (yes them) They still seem to think I owe them £6K even after my car was taken back after my B. almost 8 months ago.
They are still updating my File as "6" and have been for that last 8 months! Even though the debt was part of my B.

They have been updating my CF's with what I can see is false information.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks


Gaz
Bystubby
#45358 did they send youa final statment? it is quite possible you owe them ££ after you hand the car back - was the debt included in your B, if so then it is wrong and they need to be informed and then the CRF updated
User avatar
ByGaz-UK
#45360
stubby wrote:did they send youa final statment? it is quite possible you owe them ££ after you hand the car back - was the debt included in your B, if so then it is wrong and they need to be informed and then the CRF updated



Hi Stubby, No final Statment and the debt was included in the B

Thanks

Gaz
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest