Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Scrooge
#289363 An Inhibition Order (Scotland) was granted against me in 2007 before I went bankrupt and I believe this effectively became null and void thereafter.

What I want to know is will this still be showing on my property even if it's no longer enforceable? Where would I see it.....on the Land Registry?

If it is still showing on the Land Registry, how do I get it removed?

Thanks for any help folks.
By JaneClack
#289373 You answered this question on another thread saying

As far as I understand it Sky, it will be wiped out with bankruptcy/sequestration but only if the inhibition is less than 60 days old when you go bankrupt. If it's MORE, the inhibition/charge STAYS!! April 2007

This was when you were asking whether it would be removed with a Trust Deed as you were told it would not.

Inhibition orders in Scotland are not like full charging orders in England which are secured on the property but place a restriction so that the debt has to be paid when the property is sold as they will know if you are doing this - however, I know this was due to change making them more like full charging orders.

You should repost this on the Scottish section where a Scottish adviser who knows more can respond. Tim can do this but I do not know how!!
By JaneClack
#289383 And now I have read the question again I can see it is not the question you asked - you need to check at the Land Registry or the equivalent in Scotland as it should be removed if it was wiped.
By Scrooge
#289473 Yes thanks. I think that costs £20 to check. I'm just wondering if the Order is still sitting there even although it may be worthless. I suppose I'll have to cough up the fee to find out!