Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByMissLucy
#30322 I saw that NTL have a good offer on at the moment its TV, phone and broadband for £30 :D Rang the number up to apply he took all my details and said we'll do an internal check and a credit check. He gave me an order number, then said can you ring back tomorrow to see if the credit check was OK.
I used to be NTL some time ago and never owed them out.

Has anyone on the forum applied with the BIG B on their files and been accepted? Plus, ehy couldn't they have done a check there and then? Was on nearly 30 minutes and an 0845 number.
Thanks
Lucy
Last edited by MissLucy on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ByDavidc
MissLucy wrote:I saw that NTL have a good offer on at the moment its TV, phone and broadband for £30 :D Rang the number up to apply he took all my details and said we'll do an internal check and a credit check. He gave me an order number, then said can you ring back tomorrow to see if the credit check was OK.
I used to be NTL some time ago and never owed them out.

Has anyone on the forum applied with the BIG B on their files and been accepted? Plus, ehy couldn't they have done a check there and then? Was on nearly 30 minutes and an 0845 number.
Thanks
Lucy

When something goes wrong you are normally on hold for a good 30 minutes if you are lucky before anyone answers
Bysupersupershootin
#30367 I set up an acccount with NTL and didn't have any problem with the BR thing. There service in getting the broadband installed was crap though!

I did get refused a phone thing with Toucan though because it said there was adverse information on me. Wasn't to impressed with them anyway so not bothered.
Byjonnie000
#30373 they may ask you to make a small pre-payment ~£25.

i'm on their £30 a month offer. NTL is fine until you have a problem with billing or technical fault. But if things are left alone, and billing is correct they're great value. My installation was fine. TV, phone and broadband all done by same guy in one day.
Bylitepurple
#30385 NTL are a nightmare if something's wrong. My parents had a mistake on their bill each month of £5-15. They've just moved back to BT and are VERY satisfied with it.
ByMissLucy
#30421 Thanks for response, I rang NTL back and got another a more reponsive person! They said it will have been referred to Credit Control, also if you have had an account with us before.
He then went onto to say; You'll be fine as long as your not bankrupt :guns: Although technically I'm not bankrupt but discharged, so no word back from them?

That surprised me about Toucan, didn't know you could be credit checked for broadband? Or do they provide a telephone service as well?

Lucy
ByMissLucy
#30425 UPDATE: Just rang NTL and was told it has been declined!
She said they used Equifax, not even asked for a deposit like another poster! Oh well, maybe a lucky escape!
Lucy