Basically, a number of lenders entered the default dates many months after my IVA commenced, therefore my CRA files still showed my defaulted accounts despite the fact that my IVA was completed well over a year ago. I know this is a problem many of you face.
I wrote to experian and equifax who were not helpful at all but, after some well chosen words from me(!) they agreed to chase the lenders. Two lenders refused to budge, stating that the information was correct.
I was ready to chuck in the towel at that stage but, as a last resort, wrote a threatening letter to the lenders. I enclosed a copy of the Data Protection Registrar's Guidance to lenders re: CRA files, threatened them with the Information Commissioner and told them I was applying for a job which would necessitate a CRA check. I also told them that if I was unsuccessful in that application because of their false information I would put the matter in the hands of my solicitor with a view to legal action to claim compensation.
Within 5 days (including a weekend!) I got a grovelling response from both offering sincere apologies and stating they had amended the files.
Just thought I would share this with you....there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!