Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By alanweatcroft
#29686 Hi there-I am a recently discharged bankrupt and i was just wondering what would happen if i didnt try to amend my credit files? if it was just a case of not being able to aquire credit for another 6 year i may not do it but if its going to be on my file for the rest of my life then i may be forced to chase it up.
Anyone got any clues?
By fizz
#29691 hi
as many of us on here are trying to do is get our CRFs from the 3 main CRAs to try and get our crediters to ammend the ifo they hold on us as set out by the DPA1998 and the information commisiner,as all info must be correct.The 2 main issues are to get the default date marked correctly to the date of the BO and to get the accounts marked as settled or sattisfied.if you did not bother with this all that it would mean is if your crediters marked your file later than your BO then it would stay on your file longer than the 6yr period even tho your bankruptsy has dropped off.
i hope this is of some help if i have left anything out im sure others will help you out.
By Mel_Odious
#29711 I would say you have covered it in full Fizz.

Mel
By fizz
#29721 thnks mel
its just what i have learnt from reading and posting on this wonderful forum,i dont know what i and many others would have done without all you guys help the info and information you give is such a big help to all of us. .Ihave benn trying to get my CRFs sorted since august itsjust a long old slog :)
By Mel_Odious
#29727 An absolute nightmare and it shouldn't be so. They are quick enough to register defaults but try getting them to sort it after bankruptcy and they don't want to know.
It is good to see people like you fizz that have been through it helping others out and that's what makes the site what it is.

Mel