Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By litepurple
#29643 Mine doesn't show a section marked Public Record Information. On page 2 it has Application Details, Electoral Roll Information and Credit Account Information. I definitely remember seeing the entry back in April, when I obtained my CRFs. How bizarre!
By Mel_Odious
#29644 Have they got all your linked addresses Mark?
Just that my first report was clear but they had my current address slightly different.

Mel
By litepurple
#29673 Hi Mel, both have my last 4-5 years' worth of addresses correctly. I guess it doesn't make much difference with the defaults on there anyway.
By elmeck
elmeck wrote:Count me in on the CRA roundabout.

Started to correct things in August (for all 3 CRA's) and still going.

Now have it down to a stubborn three: -

Barclaycard and Argos simply refuse to mark debt as settled.
Have now referred Barclaycard to IC.
Waiting for reply from Argos before referring to IC.

Egg have corrected entry on Experian but not Equifax ? (Have asked them to correct Equifax - so wait and see)

I did try to refer Equifax directly to IC but nothing came of it as they queried the info I had sent them, the dates between my various communications with them and suggested that the it wasn't the CRA who should have the responsibility to hold correct data but the creditors themselves :shock: :shock:

BTW - Regarding the CashPlus card.

Has anyone tried to use it as a 'guaranteed deposit' yet ? (ie. using it as a gurantee of payment before actually charging an amount to it. You would do this in a hotel. Let hotel swipe card on arrival but only have the final amount charged to the card when you check out)

Cheers

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Just had the following reply from Argos Card Services

"Thank you for your letter of 7th November regarding your Credit File.

Argos Card Services would not update your credit file to show satisfied as there is a current otstanding balance of £2018.38.

Once this amount has been paid in full your credit file will be updated accordingly.

Yours sincerely

Pauline Whittaker
Administration Manager

Grrhh................if this wasn't so annoying it would be funny.

Looks like another complaint to the IC naming Ms Whittaker directly on behalf of Argos.

:(
By litepurple
#30394 It's just a long, hard slog I'm afraid.

Experian are contacting Cahoot again, for what it's worth. I'm referring Cahoot to the IC as I've had enough of them.
ByDavidc
#30430 Just a thought.
Has any one of us , beyond a shadow of a doubt sorted our files out. And by that I mean that everything is confirmed correct, not simply suppressed for 28 days. My gut feeling is that I doubt it. As initial posts of success are followed by posts indicating that further work is needed.
David
By elmeck
#30436 David

Probably not, going on the list of angry posts in this forum.

Perhaps there should be a prize for the 1st one who can do all three :lol:
ByDavidc
elmeck wrote:David

I was going to suggest the same thing
Who is laying the odds...........Mel didn't you used to be a bookies runner?
sorry if you were not.
What's the odds Mel . I was a late starter but feel I can make a strong finish.

Winner has to post copies of his/her 3 files ( all identifiing details deleted of course)
David
By Mel_Odious
Davidc wrote:

sorry if you were not.

Winner has to post copies of his/her 3 files ( all identifiing details deleted of course)
David

More than a runner; ran a bookies in the 50s and 60s I'd lay you odds but I've given up gambling :lol:
I would think it's about 25 or 33-1 against anyone getting even one of the CRFs spot on this year. When I say spot on, I mean with all defaults showing as the date of the BO and all showing a nil balance owing and all being marked as settled or satisfied. Probably have more chance of winning the lottery at odds of 19 million to one. It's like they are acting like spoilt brats and just being stroppy because we went bankrupt. Somebody said approach the DPA manager rather than the credit department because at least they should be aware that any information held on data files must be accurate or they are guilty of an offence and I think that is the way to go.
Just got an email from Experian in response to mine of 3 weeks ago. Would I repeat the Reference Number and address because they can't find me and also what was the nature of my query as they didn't quite understand!
Molonic plicks the lot of 'em!

Mel
ByDavidc
Mel_Odious wrote:
Davidc wrote:

sorry if you were not.

David

More than a runner; ran a bookies in the 50s and 60s I'd lay you odds but I've given up gambling :lol:
I would think it's about 25 or 33-1 against anyone getting even one of the CRFs spot on this year. When I say spot on, I mean with all defaults showing as the date of the BO and all showing a nil balance owing and all being marked as settled or satisfied. Probably have more chance of winning the lottery at odds of 19 million to one. It's like they are acting like spoilt brats and just being stroppy because we went bankrupt. Somebody said approach the DPA manager rather than the credit department because at least they should be aware that any information held on data files must be accurate or they are guilty of an offence and I think that is the way to go.
Just got an email from Experian in response to mine of 3 weeks ago. Would I repeat the Reference Number and address because they can't find me and also what was the nature of my query as they didn't quite understand!

Mel

As an aside Mel. it is this time again for me to go East. where on christmas day it will be -30c.......
Pop me where to address a postcard to. I only recall an old business address by the US embassy.
By Mel_Odious
#30460 Lucky sod,
I've got to hang on until April and Canada.
Have PM'd you the link.
Mel
By JulieP

Fab expression Mel!
By Mel_Odious
JulieP wrote:

Fab expression Mel!

A bit of a cod on the old flied lice. You really want to let go with your true feelings at times but are restricted by the board's censor.
Your's is really original.

Mel x
We were talking about the postman not bringing bad news every month before the deed is done. I have bemoaned the fact that I hardly get mail anymore but today, when I got home from work there were three letters.

The one from MS which really threw me. Another contained my new cashplus preload MasterCard and the third was a refusal for a full current account from the Co-op but with an invitation to let them have further details of other accounts I hold and they will look again.

So a happy boy this evening and may have a little sip of something alcoholic after my chish and fips.
ByDavidc
Mel_Odious wrote:
I have bemoaned the fact that I hardly get mail anymore but today, when I got home from work there were three letters.

Ever since I was offered and refused, even after an appeal the pre paid Capital one card they stopped sending me offers.......could do with a pen
David
ByDavidc
Mel_Odious wrote:Lucky sod,
I've got to hang on until April and Canada.
Have PM'd you the link.
Mel

Got it , I will send you a card.
David