Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Mel_Odious
#29437 I have spent until now from my discharge on April 1st trying to get my Equifax file to show the true state of affairs. I am there at last apart from Morgan Stanley which has been removed at present.

I sent of for my Experian report some months back and it came back clear; I did think it strange but thought oh well that's OK. Wrong!

A recent application for an account online caused a search and I was told there was adverse details on Experian so back I went for my report. I applied online and was told I needed to send in proof of who I was. WTF, they had sent me a report a couple of months earlier!
I was then informed that I had given them my wrong address! They had my address slightly different so it was ME who had the wrong address! So now I have another linked address and my proper CRF and yes, it is full of more erroneous settlement dates including yet another Morgan Stanley entry showinga settlement date of 05/05/05 I think they just like fives.
This will mean that this entry will drop off on 05/05/11 which is 3 years after my bankruptcy drops off! Bloomin' Armholes!

So here we go again!
Mel
User avatar
By geordie
#29474 i am in the same situation mel however after many phone calls to lloyds and experian this wk i think everything is now sorted the only problem is when the monthly tape from the creditor goes into experian everthing is then back to square one :? geordie
By Mel_Odious
#29480 Actually, after calming down a bit and looking thoroughly, there are just 9 entries and four of them are wrong. I sent online queries to Equifax and demanded they do something and not to reply telling me it is me who should inform lenders. I said that they are responsible for making sure that data they hold is correct under the DPA. We'll see.

Mel
User avatar
By geordie
#29489 why it cannot be like the insolvency record once you have your discharge the slate should be wiped clean never mind the six yr rule if only the cra played the game why it was not included in the new act makes me wonder because as everyone knows the act was revised to give people a second chance however the credit agencies just see it as a way of making money geordie
By David
#29494 Hi all....
I was discharged in October....and am off to get my certificate when I get paid ... and next step after that is to sort out credit files....
I have read a lot of posts on this recently....
and am SO looking forward to this bit...
D
User avatar
By geordie
#29497
David wrote:Hi all....
I was discharged in October....and am off to get my certificate when I get paid ... and next step after that is to sort out credit files....
I have read a lot of posts on this recently....
and am SO looking forward to this bit...
D

ive been on six months getting mine sorted david and that was with the intervention of the information commissioner all three need sorting equifax experian and my call credit . geordie
ByDavidc
#29508
geordie wrote:
David wrote:Hi all....
I was discharged in October....and am off to get my certificate when I get paid ... and next step after that is to sort out credit files....
I have read a lot of posts on this recently....
and am SO looking forward to this bit...
D

ive been on six months getting mine sorted david and that was with the intervention of the information commissioner all three need sorting equifax experian and my call credit . geordie


I think that the three of us, Mel, geordie and myself, agree that this is a long uphill struggle that none of us despite considerable effort have won through with yet. After much effort it seems to be that just when you think you have won a battle the info is reinstated again the next month.
But out of principle, in my case at least, more than anything else we are sticking it out till the bitter end
David
User avatar
By geordie
#29515 me to david i will keep going untill everything is correctly marked even if it takes 6 yrs and thing come off themselves :x
By Mel_Odious
#29522 I too would not be too woriied but having Morgan Stanley say the debt was defaulted in May this year meaning it drops off 3 years after my BO is not on.

Found a local-ish bureau doing the Cashplus Mastercard and went in this morning. Got a Cirrus ATM card immediately and should have the Mastercard within a week. The additional charges for this, that and the other are a little OTT but when I thought of the interest charged on a Credit or Store Card, it has to be a good deal and not getting into debt over it is a bonus.

Mel
User avatar
By litepurple
#29545 I started sorting mine out in April and it's been tough. Equifax is more or less sorted with all of my records having been sorted or disappeared for a few months.

With Experian, Cahoot are still not playing ball. All the other records are fine; I just have a few niggles to work through. I will be referring Experian to the IC.

Callcredit: They hold no data on me.

Interestingly, the Equifax online report shows no data re my bankruptcy. Is it like this for anyone else? Also, the Experian paper report shows no data for it. Is this normal?
By Mel_Odious
#29551
litepurple wrote:I started sorting mine out in April and it's been tough. Equifax is more or less sorted with all of my records having been sorted or disappeared for a few months.

With Experian, Cahoot are still not playing ball. All the other records are fine; I just have a few niggles to work through. I will be referring Experian to the IC.

Callcredit: They hold no data on me.

Interestingly, the Equifax online report shows no data re my bankruptcy. Is it like this for anyone else? Also, the Experian paper report shows no data for it. Is this normal?


Yes, Mark it is unusual or is as far as I know. I guess you are looking under Court Info on Equifax, that is where mine is along with the discharge date, which I think I told them about. On my first report (paper) from equifax, they had nothing at all on me but that was because they were using a variation of my address. That's sorted now and they show 9 defaults plus my BO and discharge. With four of the accounts wrong again. Haven't bothered with Call Quick. Applied for my CashPlus Mastercard today, it's a pleasure filling in the applicaation with them only wanting current address unless you have lived there for less than ONE year and scant other information. Just needed ID with a photo and another with proof of address. The way to go I think.

Mel
User avatar
By elmeck
#29589 Count me in on the CRA roundabout.

Started to correct things in August (for all 3 CRA's) and still going.

Now have it down to a stubborn three: -

Barclaycard and Argos simply refuse to mark debt as settled.
Have now referred Barclaycard to IC.
Waiting for reply from Argos before referring to IC.

Egg have corrected entry on Experian but not Equifax ? (Have asked them to correct Equifax - so wait and see)

I did try to refer Equifax directly to IC but nothing came of it as they queried the info I had sent them, the dates between my various communications with them and suggested that the it wasn't the CRA who should have the responsibility to hold correct data but the creditors themselves :shock: :shock:

BTW - Regarding the CashPlus card.

Has anyone tried to use it as a 'guaranteed deposit' yet ? (ie. using it as a gurantee of payment before actually charging an amount to it. You would do this in a hotel. Let hotel swipe card on arrival but only have the final amount charged to the card when you check out)

Cheers
By Mel_Odious
#29609
elmeck wrote:
BTW - Regarding the CashPlus card.

Has anyone tried to use it as a 'guaranteed deposit' yet ? (ie. using it as a gurantee of payment before actually charging an amount to it. You would do this in a hotel. Let hotel swipe card on arrival but only have the final amount charged to the card when you check out)

Cheers


Haven't received mine yet but I did notice a little thing about restaurants where they will require you to have at least 20% more than the bill on your card for the possible cover of service charge???

I can't see it being a problem as it is supposed to act as a normal MasterCard.

Mel
User avatar
By litepurple
#29635
Mel_Odious wrote:
Yes, Mark it is unusual or is as far as I know. I guess you are looking under Court Info on Equifax, that is where mine is along with the discharge date, which I think I told them about. On my first report (paper) from equifax, they had nothing at all on me but that was because they were using a variation of my address. That's sorted now and they show 9 defaults plus my BO and discharge. With four of the accounts wrong again. Haven't bothered with Call Quick. Applied for my CashPlus Mastercard today, it's a pleasure filling in the applicaation with them only wanting current address unless you have lived there for less than ONE year and scant other information. Just needed ID with a photo and another with proof of address. The way to go I think.

Mel


Yes, I am looking under Court Info - it says no data present. My Experian one also shows nothing, though I'm not sure in which section it is supposed to appear. However, there is certainly no mention of it anywhere. Bizarre.
By Mel_Odious
#29639
litepurple wrote:Yes, I am looking under Court Info - it says no data present. My Experian one also shows nothing, though I'm not sure in which section it is supposed to appear. However, there is certainly no mention of it anywhere. Bizarre.


On my Experian paper copy the bankruptcy appears under a heading on page two after Application details and Electoral Roll information as Public Record information with a J1 reference along side. It has my bankruptcy and discharge date and says Source: London Gazette.

Mel