Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Vicky1971
#224566 Hi everyone

After a very stressful year at work I have decided to look elsewhere for employment. I have my first interview tomorrow in 22 years! The only thing is if I get the job my salary is going to be much lower, and I am going to have to buy and fund a car to get there. When I went through my bankruptcy I was allowed to keep my moped as I used it for work. This new employer is too far away to go on a moped - a car is the only solution. I have worked out all my expenditure so know what kind of salary I need but it doesn't include any repayments for my IPA. Will I get into trouble for applying for a job with a lower salary and one that will increase my monthly expenditure?

I am feeling very confused about a lot of things at the moment, and feel like I desperately need a fresh break. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

:(
By wazzza
Vicky1971 wrote:Hi everyone

After a very stressful year at work I have decided to look elsewhere for employment. I have my first interview tomorrow in 22 years! The only thing is if I get the job my salary is going to be much lower, and I am going to have to buy and fund a car to get there. When I went through my bankruptcy I was allowed to keep my moped as I used it for work. This new employer is too far away to go on a moped - a car is the only solution. I have worked out all my expenditure so know what kind of salary I need but it doesn't include any repayments for my IPA. Will I get into trouble for applying for a job with a lower salary and one that will increase my monthly expenditure?

I am feeling very confused about a lot of things at the moment, and feel like I desperately need a fresh break. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

:(

Hi i dont know the answer im sure someone will come along that can help, but in the mean time i would hazzard a guess that your well being superseeds anything else
By Vicky1971
#224605 That's what I am hoping they will think too. Since posting yesterday, I have now got the job so a car is going to be essential. It is too good an opportunity for me to pass up. Any other feedback would be appreciated.
By wazzza
#224614 i would have a chat with your OR, if its a big drop in wages the br will probably have to be reassessed, and if you are going to buy a car the money would have to come from some one else :wink: :wink: