Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byfoolishboy
#212349 ...almost all of my entries on my Equifax report are wrong in some way so I've a lot of letters to write!!

How do people get hold of the correct addresses to send these letters to for each creditor? Is there a central resource somewhere on here?

If not I'd be more than happy to start compiling one if people think that'd be useful.

Cheers!
Foolish
ByJaneClack
#212360 Most CABs have lists of these so you could go and ask them. They have a monthly newsletter with lists of addresses and contacts attached usually for third parties but there is no reason why you could not use it!
ByTalbotWoods
#212366 Here is a list of Data Controllers for you to be getting on with.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13985

If you need more let us know

Tim
Byfoolishboy
#212376 Thanks people :)

...I notice that my old current account (A&L) who were not a creditor have marked me down as 4 months behind in payments before closing my account (balance £0) which is an unnecessary extra black mark on my file - can I ask them to correct that too?

Thanks!
Foolish
ByTalbotWoods
#212385 Yes

If you look at it this way, they say you were four months in arrears, which equals a debt, thus they have to react in the same way as any other account in bankruptcy.

The default date no later than the bankruptcy date and the settled date no later than the actual discharge date, in your case as the account was closed due to bankruptcy, the settlement date should be the bankruptcy date, as the account was clear, plus there should be no negative reporting as they were no a creditor.

Tim
Byfoolishboy
#212472 What a great letter!! Just had a call from Aktiv Kapital to say they've already updated by barclaycard debts as satisfied - woo hoo! One down, 7 to go.

Thanks,
Foolish
Byfoolishboy
#212601 One more question .. do I need to send proof of discharge to the credit reference agencies too? I can see my BR is listed with a 'satisfaction date' which has passed but no specific notice to say I've been discharged.

Thanks!
Foolish