Discussions on life after your bankruptcy discharge.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byopsins
#205010 How long should it take for my early discharge to appear on the insolvency website? I was discharged over a month ago. If the status never changes is there a way of getting it corrected?

Thanks.
ByTalbotWoods
#205013 Hi Ops

Are you clicking on your name to fully open you details ont he site, as it is in there that the discharge will show.

If you are and it is not, then there is a contact us to correct something button/link on the page. You will need to use that

Tim
Byopsins
#205016 Hi Tim,

Yes, I was clicking on my name. They also have my name spelled incorrectly on the site, should I let them know that too?

Thanks for your help.
ByTalbotWoods
#205021 Definatley!!

As without the correct details you will nto be able to sort your CRFS out!!!!

Tim
Byopsins
#205054 I filled in the form online and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry to the Insolvency Register. My records show that you will be automatically discharged on ## ##### 2009. However you state that you have been discharged on ## 2008. Please send your discharge certificate to the case examiner that dealt with your case and then they will update the register accordingly."

So it looks like a simple oversight.
Byopsins
#206552 Well, I sent off a letter to the case examiner that dealt with my case over one month ago, and yet still they don't have the correct discharge date on the insolvency website. Experian and Equifax also still have me as undischarged despite the fact I got an early discharge two months ago. I can only think this is because the OR's office has not notified anyone that I'm discharged. Has this happened to anyone else?

On the positive side, I sent a copy of my early discharge letter to my creditors and they have all amended my CRFs to reflect this, so I'm not sure that having the wrong discharge date will effect me. Is this something I should be bothered about?
ByRansid
#206649 OR's don't tell anyone you are discharged other than by putting it up on the IS website.

If you are targeted for ED they write to everyone giving them a chance to object but they don't write and say you've got it.

Teh examiner will have finished with your case long ago and in my view writing to them will have no impact unless they then pass it to the proper person.

My view - ring the OR's office you dealt with on their general number, tell them
1. you have got a certificate of discharge dated XX which you have sent to them or yuo've received notice from them that you have had ED.
2. The website still says that you are undischarged
3. you've been advised by IS HQ that the local OR has missed some data on their database which means the website doesn't show the discharge
4. Please can it be amended to match the reality as it's affecting what you need to do, and ask for someone to contact you when it's done.
5. If you get the feeling that this isn't going anywhere say that you understand that it has to be correct by law (it does) and that yuo feel you have no choice but to therefore make a complaint, ask for a manager.

As far as I understand it it's a simple process in the ORs office to enter the date and then it appears on the website immediately or by the end of the day.

all the best
Byopsins
#207756 After several complaints the insolvency website still has the wrong info for me. I'm going to have to speak to a manager at the OR office as Ransid advised. It's over 3 months now since I was discharged and so, as I understand it, my name shouldn't even be on the register any more. I'm on the verge of giving up and waiting for it to disappear 3 months after the date that would have been my AD i.e. 4 and a half months from now!!!. Has anyone else had this problem?
Byopsins
#207807 Eureka! A very nice lady at the OR's office has written to tell me they are removing me from the insolvency website. It was a simple input error on their system and it will now be rectified. This has restored my faith in the OR's office, which I have to say have always been very courteous in all correspondence with me.
ByRansid
#207924 glad to see persistance paid off.