Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, Sarah

By Dun Ditherin
#81352 Morning all.

Anyone else got one of these?

It asks who provided the deposit and on your petition, and if by a third party, what arrangements have been made for repayment.

OH didn't get one.

Just thought it a bit odd, as I've never heard anyone mention it before.
By Noddy
#81359 Sorry for seeming a bit thick but is that asking how you got the money to petition ? if not what is it asking??
By Dun Ditherin
#81363 Yep, that's exactly what it's asking

"Who provided the funds to enable the deposit & fee on your petition, and, if by a third party, what arrangements were made for repayment?"

Weird or what?

I can only guess they're trying to make sure your not paying anyone back during bankruptcy, but can't really see the point.
By Noddy
#81364 Yes true but then i expect quite a few people prob have had to borrow the money.
By TalbotWoods
#81365 Hi DD

Tis an od one this I have never heard of them asking this before, but then it is one of the questions they are allowed to ask!

I may be that the OR cant see where you got the money from by going over your statements and accounts, and is thus looking to see if you have borrowed the money from someone with a promise to repay at some stage, - hat person would then become a creditor or if you have a stahs of money hidden away?

It could be that one of your creditors has complined to the OR that you uesed there credit card to drw the funds out to pay for you bankruptcy, and the OR is looking for confirmation of this.

or it could be that they are generay trying to find out from a sample of people where they are getting the money from to pay for bankruptcy, sort of a straw poll to find the most common sources of funds for this.

I tend to favour the latter, as I have read somewhare at sometime that they were going to ask this of some bankrupts. (Purely for statistic that the DTI want)

Tim
Last edited by TalbotWoods on Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dun Ditherin
or it could be that they are generay trying to find out from a sample of people where they are getting the money from to pay for bankruptcy, sort of a straw poll to find the most common sources of funds for this.

I think that must be it, It's pretty obvious from my Bank statements where the money came from, I stopped paying creditors and ran my Overdraft up to the hilt. (No choice, as we'd been living purely on overdraft for months, suppose the Abbey might be a bit miffed about that, but cest la vie)

Never occured to me to use a Credit Card!
By Dun Ditherin
#81370 On second thoughts, must be a bit more than a general question, 'coz it asks for the name and address of the person you've borrowed the money from.

Oh well, suppose I'd better fill it in & send it back, just wondered if anyone else has had one.
By Mel_Odious
#81390 Ain't not come across this either. Before EA2002 the Insolvency website or one of their leaflets actually said that the fees could be included in your bankruptcy. They obviously can't any longer.

Mel
By johnsienk
#81441 <original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TalbotWoods
TalbotWoods wrote:

I tend to favour the latter, as I have read somewhare at sometime that they were going to ask this of some bankrupts (Purely for statistics the DTI want).

Tim

Still my best bet on this one
By Dun Ditherin
#81470 Thanks for your replies, I'll let you know if anything comes of it.