Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

BySillyBilly
#62621 I have my OR interview on the 30th, still ages away....

...and from what I have discussed and read, there will be a review of expesenses (I wouldnt have know anything without this forum).

On this form when i applied for BR, it was a little nieve, so im glad there is a second chance.

Any advice on what I have now please?
Im currently out of work, but this is what i would need either in or out of employment and i guess will stand for a while. And i live with my soon to moving to scotland parents, so that will all change soon too. :roll:

Do i have my head in the clouds or this ok?

In no particular order per month except for one off's:

Holiday 80
car tax 96.25 due in june
car ins 480 by nov
exhaust (needed)
tyres 120
service 150
petrol 120
clothing 40
keep 280
mobile 16
eyes test 20
glasses 120
dentist 16
haircut 15
toiletries 10
mot 50
sundries 60
ByRansid
#62630 If you are not working it's immaterial the OR won't be looking for anything and will send you an IPOQ when you tell him you are (and you can guarantee they'll be different when you do)

I think most people will be reluctant to comment on these sort of issues as everyone's circumstances will be different and the OR will treat everyone as such.

Having said that one thing that leapt at me was a potential duplication MOT £50 amonth (£600 a year?), and an entry for servicing of £150.
Bychillychicky
#62632 you need to put what things actually cost you & the OR will let you know if they think you are being over ambitious & should point out if they don't feel you are putting enough by in particular areas.
BySillyBilly
#62634 lol MOT was a one off, needed next month.

Thanks, I guess as you say its all different and up to there discrestion.......
ByTalbotWoods
#62638 Hi SB

Ransid is right as you are unempolyed the OR will not take much interest, however if you do get a job, then you will have to notify the OR within 28 days (I know from another of your posts this is possible), and then the OR will look more carefully at you I&E.

All your annual expenses shold be broken dowen into monthly payments for example yor car tax should be broken down by 12, so £480 divied by 12 = £40 per month.

The OR may get upset by th Glasses if you are working, simly becasue you can use NHS ones, and the OR will expect this, unless there are specific medical reason why you cant, and he will need proof!

But much of this is theoretical, and will not apply if you remain umemployed.

But what does confuse me is that if you use just the basic monthy costs (not those in bold) this adds up to £637 per month ...... I thought you were on basic JSA, so this far outstrips you monthly income and the OR will quiry that!!!

Tim
BySillyBilly
#62704 Im not even on JSA.

With the car tax, its due very soon as is the insurance, so do i still devide it by twelve, when really its one, or two?

I agree about the glasses.

But these things, if Im in employement, are needed. I have no income at the momnet, but will need all these things to live.
ByMel_Odious
SillyBilly wrote:Im not even on JSA.

With the car tax, its due very soon as is the insurance, so do i still devide it by twelve, when really its one, or two?

I agree about the glasses.

But these things, if Im in employement, are needed. I have no income at the momnet, but will need all these things to live.

you are being a very Silly Billy! The OR already has a list of your expenses from your SOA! You put what your expenses are NOW!

Mel
ByLess
#62759 Sb,

You really need to consider what you are doing very carefully.

As Mel has already said, you have submitted a SOA already, and as such nothing should of changed much, if your circumstances havent!

If you start chopping and changing things without good reason, the OR is going to be all over you like a rash, to put it mildly!

Dont underestimate the power of the OR either, if he gets his teeth in, you would be surprised at what he can find out, and if there is anything he finds that he is not happy about, you could find yourself with a lengthy BROBRU at best!!
ByTalbotWoods
#62766 And one of the big questions the OR is going to ask is where is your income coming from if you are not claiming JSA and are unemployed??

Tim
BySillyBilly
#62786 Thanks for all you replies, but we are getting off track a bit here.

These are things i will need to pay for. I cant unless i have a job.

The OR interview will include (so i believe) questions about tthings in my life i will need to pay for that i may or may not have added on my original form.

So that is what i was asking. I know the OR will make sure i havent missed anything off and try and steer me in the right direction, but i wanted to check that what i was preparing was going to be ok.

Im not trying to decieve anyone, but i dont want to miss anything off and then find that when i can afford to pay for these things, that i cant, bacuse it wasnt mentioned before and i have a IPA i can t handle.

But to be clear, i dont have an income and cant pay for anything. But when i can, i wanted to make sure the OR was aware of what i needed to pay for.
BySillyBilly
#62788 Sorry if i didnt explain myself very well at the start. :oops:
ByTalbotWoods
#62789 HI SB

I can appreciate what you are saying, but the probelm is going to be that without an income there cant be expenditure.

When you start your new job then the OR will need a new I&E until then he wont be iterested in 'if I get a job figures' only the hard facts as of now.

which unfortunalty equates to: No Income - No expenditure.

The OR is going to be very interested in where you are currently getting the money from to live on (HINT)

Tim
ByLess
SillyBilly wrote:Sorry if i didnt explain myself very well at the start. :oops:

You still havent really!

Your I&E should be your current income and current exxpenditure, with the emphasis on current.

What might or will happen in the future is not relevant at this time, but only when and if it happens, then you will need to inform the OR and submit an amended I&E, but not until then.
BySillyBilly
#62792 Oh right,

so will i be sent a form when i get a new job?

I was worried this was the final say for a while.

Thats a relief.
ByMel_Odious
SillyBilly wrote:Oh right,

so will i be sent a form when i get a new job?

I was worried this was the final say for a while.

Thats a relief.

No! You will not be sent a Form automatically. It will be up to you to notify the OR of any change of circumstances. Your SOA IS your final say for a while. You have sworn on oath that it is the truth.

Mel