Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Debt
#42531 Hello All.

I was made bankrupt by a creditor back in January.What I would like to know is. Can I include all my other unsecured debts, 48K (loans, CCs etc) in my bankruptcy??Or is this only for people that petition their own bankruptcy?

Thanks.
By Mel_Odious
#42533 Have you not had papers or anything from the OR asking about your other debts? Once you are made bankrupt then all debts at the time (with a few exceptions, like fines, CSA debts etc) are included in your bankruptcy. You should have received Forms and information from the OR.

Mel
By Debt
#42537 Im seeing the OR tomorrow.First interview, made bankrupt on the 19th of Jan.The forms are all filled in, paper work in order.Its just that someone told me that the creditor would still want paying & that intrest would still be added to the cost of the debt??
By Mel_Odious
Debt wrote:Im seeing the OR tomorrow.First interview, made bankrupt on the 19th of Jan.The forms are all filled in, paper work in order.Its just that someone told me that the creditor would still want paying & that intrest would still be added to the cost of the debt??

You've been told rubbish. Any questions you have write them down and ask the OR tomorrow.

Mel
By steveo
Debt wrote:Im seeing the OR tomorrow.First interview, made bankrupt on the 19th of Jan.The forms are all filled in, paper work in order.Its just that someone told me that the creditor would still want paying & that intrest would still be added to the cost of the debt??

they can add all the interest they like, if you have been made BR you dont owe them a penny anymore.
By Debt
#42691 Had my interview Today at 11am, all done by 12.10pm.The OR was really nice.Gave him all the paper work & I guess thats it now, for the moment.
Total debt in the end was £62k. The Wife will buy out my intrest in the House.
8)