Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Happy Hammer
#42523 Hi Guys

Am enjoying my first week of bankruptcy, have to say the stress levels have gone down dramatically.

Anyway quick question, I received a letter from HSBC tonight who I had a current account with. The account was £300 overdrawn at the time of bankruptcy and in this letter they say that basically they received a letter from the OR and that I havent given them permission to deal with a 3rd party over my account and that I need to sort out a repayment plan for the overdraft.

Now am i right in thinking that i should forward the letter to my OR?

All replies gratefully received

Thanks
By Mel_Odious
#42525 What ARE they on about?
Are they seriously trying to say that they won't deal with the OR because you haven't given them permission to deal with him/her?

Who ever that little clerk is wants a major kick up his arm!

Yes, send it to the OR who should put them in their place.
The Official Receiver is practically Her Majesty's representative (Rams will put me right on that) and is all powerful in Insolvency. Everybody jumps to the OR's tune, especially snivelling little bank clerks.

Mel
ByMik
#42526 Someone might come along and correct me but as far as I am aware HSBC have no choice but to deal the OR, with or without your permission.
Send the letter to the OR.
By Happy Hammer
#42527 Cheers Mel

Yeah I know mate, they are unbeleivable arent they, to be honest Im mentally prepared for anything after going through this so I certainly wont let them bother me.

Thanks for the advice though, I thought that was right about sending the letters on.

Thanks again :)
By Happy Hammer
#42528 Thanks Mik

Yeah Ill just sent it off tommorow, These companies really do think they are a law to themselves dont they.

Still he who laughs last and all that

Cheers
By Mel_Odious
#42529 I really am flabbergasted and am wondering what else you could do to put this little sh1te in his/her place. It really is incredible and I can't get over it!
Maybe hang on to the original and send the OR a copy.
It certainly should be framed.
They are even asking you for money after they have been informed you are bankrupt which is against the law.

I would really love to see a copy of the OR's response to HSBC.

Mel
By Happy Hammer
#42530 Tell you what as well Mel

I dont know if you remember but both my wife and myself went bankrupt, due to the fact the account was a current account, she also got a copy of said letter as well.

You are right what you say though, it is a joke isnt it and I would also love to see the reply they get back from the OR.
ByMik
Mel_Odious wrote:I really am flabbergasted and am wondering what else you could do to put this little sh1te in his/her place. It really is incredible and I can't get over it!
Maybe hang on to the original and send the OR a copy.
It certainly should be framed.
They are even asking you for money after they have been informed you are bankrupt which is against the law.

I would really love to see a copy of the OR's response to HSBC.

Mel

Perhaps a really snotty letter to HSBC with a copy of the bankruptcy order informing them that they have broken the law.
Including Mel's statement about the OR being the crowns representative.
By Mel_Odious
#42536 The nearest I had to something like this was when the OR asked me about my ex because my outgoings included a large amount to the CSA and the OR wanted her address. I said I didn't know it. The OR had a Court Order drawn up informing the CSA that they are ORDERED to give up the address to the OR.

Mel
By Ange
#42546 I had a similar letter to that too from HSBC.

Out of all my creditors, they were one of the worse I had to deal with - and even 2 months on from Bankruptcy I got letters, until I sent all the letters to the OR and a letter with my stamped bankruptcy by recorded delivery to them.

NMH
xxx
By enoughs_enough
#42560 lol that beggars belief , asking you to break the law and not recognising the OR ffs how much stupider can these so called finacial institutions get.
By 32k in debt
#43478 Thanks for highlighting this Happy Hammer. I have an HSBC account too so now prepped for the response. Ruddy ridiculous what they said to you!

BR copy and letter is on its way to them...