Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By adrianfo
#208653 Hi
This is for the people starting out on this road to a good nights sleep and sanity.
I applied for a Cashminder account over the phone and was approved in principle there and then, I am led to believe that being on the electoral role is necessary - they just needed me to produce an appropriate photo ID at the bank. I could also have posted them a verified copy of my ID (the post office can do this)plus one utility bill (there are other options available)

10 days later (today) I received my welcome pack, I called them straight away to set up Internet banking. My Electron debit card should be arriving in the morning followed closely by my pin#

I'm as happy as a pig in dooodoo

Keep the faith
Adrian
By wellshgit
#208656 Well done Adrian. I havnt applied for a bank account yet as im managing ok with a post office account since amost all my income is pension related. Might try later though.
By celtic007
#208695 hi adrianfo

i have still not heard back from barclays over my cash card acc but do have a p.o. account. can you set up direct debits or standing orders from these p.o. accounts ?

cheers :?:
By TalbotWoods
celtic007 wrote:hi adrianfo

i have still not heard back from barclays over my cash card acc but do have a p.o. account. can you set up direct debits or standing orders from these p.o. accounts ?

cheers :?:

No you cant set up DDs or SOs form the basic post office account, its purely money in cash out. These were made available mainly for those on Benefits.

Tim