Issues and questions that come up during your bankruptcy period

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByLivestrong
#162507 Are you allowed to change your name whilst Bankrupt I wish to change my first name and would then tell the OR and the credit agency so it's not like I am trying to hide from being Bankrupt just I hate my first name.

any one have info if I can
By bernieflint
#162551 You can change your name to whatever you like whenever you like. The or will have no problem if you change your name.

I've added a link below which will give you all of the information that you require.

http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/
By TalbotWoods
#162603 Except that he will need to re-advertise the bankruptcy in the new name, and when it comes to sorting the CRF's out post discharge it will be a pig!!

I would recommend that this waits until post discharge and post sorting the CRFs out, just to make your life easier!!

Tim
By ukdeedpoll
#472655 I'm not sure if changing one's name to hide from bankruptcy is possible but there are many more personal reasons to do so however. One of them is when you don't like the name given to you at birth.
By JaneClack
#472656 So change after bankruptcy finishes so no more hassle - you can do it when bankrupt but then you have to inform OR and it has to be readvertised ...