Something missing on this Forum or any burning suggestions? Let us know.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By rebornat40
#139701 I have found lots of people on this forum offer very good advice. This advice has always been calming, 100% accurate & top rate.

Would it be an idea to have a Who's who thread were people can give forum readers a small insight into their debt knowledge background, i.e. if anyone is trained in legal issues, insolvency issues, DMP issues etc etc?

Obviously it is down to the person what they write about themselves & there would have to be some ground rules like "Don't quote me but......".

I think this will help people gauge good correct advice from good advice that may or may not be 100% factual.

I have colleagues who find themselves in some debt problems. They know what I went through so they ask my advice. I am no expert so I look for similar questions to what they are asking on the forum & then give them information that I read from forum replies. You think you are trying to do all of them a favour but just lately, I discovered that one of my colleagues is very upset with me because they claim I gave them incorrect information. I always make it clear that the information I give is from the forum & may or may not be entirely correct although I myself have never received bad advice from the forum. I make it clear that if they want correct advice, they should contact the CAB. I also tell them to visit the forum themselves if they have access to the web.
By Shameless
#139705 what did he get that was wrong :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Shameless
#139706 One of us normally corrects whoever if they are not correct lol :lol:
By rebornat40
#139782 Hi Shameless, it was a she & it was regarding Bailiffs. I have just learnt that she was a little too economical with the truth when she asked my advice so I was right in theory but I have advised her to talk to the CAB.

Do you not think a Who's who section would be a good idea? Real names don't have to be mentioned. Just stick to the forum registered name.
By Shameless
#139790 I have to admit I like an element of being a man of mystery.

However I have "leaked" so much personal info everyone in industry know who I am now lol so the element of surprise went right out the window!

I guess it could work im not sure how many other people would want to though.
By mellowman
#139858 Dont think I'd want that, we would get waaaay tooo many pm's eh shamey? :lol: :lol:
By DrDirty
#139883 I suppose any information given out could eb taken out of context, which may cause problems in a professional sense...
By Shameless
mellowman wrote:Dont think I'd want that, we would get waaaay tooo many pm's eh shamey? :lol: :lol:

indeed lol :lol: :lol:
By Mrs Plastic
#139923 Hi Shamelss and Mellowman

I am pleased with all the advice you have given me. You are the mystery men in my life at the moment LOL

However, :roll: :roll: :roll: I just hope you are not linked to Barclaycard or HSBC, :D :D :D

M
By Shameless
anotherfinemess wrote::? I was only asking, lol :?

I know you were and you know we are always here to help you sir!!

Mrs Plastic dont worry we both work for different IP's in the industry no links with any banks or creditors lol
Byproblemsgone
#140152 just found this thread!
wanted to say, shameless and many others are just brilliant people, be lost without them now!

and many others learn from and share their real life experances, it just adds up to a whole lot of knowledge and great information, and a forum that is knowledgeable, and friendly thats all that is needed me thinks!
By rebornat40
#140214 I too have had fantastic advice that is first rate from Shameless (The Man) & on a couple of occasions from Mellowman. I have also had very good advice from TalbotWoods which I know my brother is eternally grateful for.

The idea of a Who's who was just for people in absolute dire straits that really needed accurate advice in a hurry.

Instead of hoping their questions are answered on the forum, they could choose to send a PM to one of the great ones.