to cut a long story short:
paypal decided to refund buyers even though i provided tracking information from royal mail that proved the items had been delivered i even sent them copies of the receipts.
so now i have a negative balance (which is actually for twice as much as what i sold, so don't know how that works), paypal didn't even give me any warning or a chance to resolve it (no email,letters or phonecall) before passing the debt onto iqor a debt collection service.
now iqor keep calling and sending letters demanding me to pay the debt.
i'd just like a few questions answered because i'm just getting confused.
1. i read somewhere that paypal are supposed to give you six months to contact the financial ombudsman to challenge the case but i was never informed of this
2. do iqor have the legal power to collect the debt?
3. iqor threatened me with 'sending someone round' to collect the debt but i thought debt collectors couldn't come to your home unless it had been taken to court?
4. if it went to court, can you arrange a re-payment scheme? or can u argue that you have no debt with them ( because i don't think i owe them a penny)
5. iqor demand the full amount and don't even accept monthly/weekly payments :s
6. surely if paypal truely thought i owed them the money they would have tried to sort it themselves instead of passing it on to a 3rd party straight away
its totally stressing me out as paypal won't even talk to me as iqor are now handling it, iqor don't even know what the debts for (which i find really weird) they just say its 'a paypal debt' and they don't talk to me they're just very aggressive please help