Debt questions from around the world, helping each other by giving and receiving advice on UK based debt.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byhad_enough01
#191994 Not a very nice title i know but i needed to get some attention. A few weeks ago my friends dad sadly lost his battle against cancer which he had been living with for the last 12 or so years. Basically while he was still alive he tried to live as normal life as possible with his family and did not want them thinking and planning his death.

Now he has gone his wife has been left with nothin as, because he was terminally ill he could not get life insurance, they cut his bennifits at the time he needed it most and took his car back the day after his funeral.

There are some debts, not sure of amounts, but my friend says that they are in her dads name only. Her mum is struggling to keep the roof over her head let alone worrying bout credit card debts so all i need to know is, if the debts are in the dads name only would the debt have died with him or can they chase her mum for them?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.