Debt questions from around the world, helping each other by giving and receiving advice on UK based debt.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByPETER D
#190414 Hi all,

im planning to move to australia in 5 months time,im not a uk citizen.at the moment im on DMP and ive been on it for about 5 years my remaining debt is £6500 could someone advice me what to do,its really worries me.

Thank you very much

Regards

Pet
Byxxxxxx
#190510 What are your intentions? do you want to keep on paying or are you planning to leave yr debt?
PETER D wrote:Hi all,

im planning to move to australia in 5 months time,im not a uk citizen.at the moment im on DMP and ive been on it for about 5 years my remaining debt is £6500 could someone advice me what to do,its really worries me.

Thank you very much

Regards

Pet
ByPETER D
#190525 Hi thank you for your reply,im thinking to pay but i can only afford £2000.so whats the consequence if i want to leave it.could you pls advice me.

thank you very much

regards

peter
ByYogi Bear
#190528 You could offer the £2000 as a Full & Final settlement. It would give the creditors a 30% return, but given the age of the debts (5 years) and the difficulty they would face in trying to trace you to Australia and recover anything there, they might well accept.
ByPETER D
#190532 Hi thank you for the reply,yes i got £2000 On standby i could use it for my debt,i have 6 creditors.im with payplanat the moment i havent tell them yet about my plans have i got another options?

thank you

pet
ByYogi Bear
#190533 Another option might be to simply carry on making the DMP payments, assuming you're going to be financially in a position to do it.