10 Ways to recycle an old pair of jeans
Written by Anthony Hill on 9 May 2014
Denim has to be the most popular fabric in the world, as everyone owns at least one pair of jeans. And why wouldn’t you? They’re durable, versatile and can be very stylish. Sometimes, no matter how much you love your favourite pair, they get too old and shabby to wear or they don’t fit anymore. But in most cases the material is still reusable and can be used for a variety of different projects.
We’ve compiled a collection of 10 unusual things you can easily make with old pairs of jeans. Some will require more skill than others, but we’re sure there will be something for everyone. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media!
- Denim slippers – Incredible as it may sound, you can easily make slippers out of an old pair of jeans. Via Recycled Lovelies http://www.recycledlovelies.com/2008/11/05/christmas-gift-diy-recycle-old-jeans-into-jean-slippers/
- A road system – You can cut jeans into fabric roads for your kids, if they like playing with toy cars. Via Lil Mop Top http://lilmoptop.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/easy-fabric-roads.html
- Beady bracelet – Make a cute bracelet out of strips of denim and some beads. Via Useful DIY http://www.usefuldiy.com/es/diy-old-jeans-bracelet/
- A simple and easy bowtie – Turn some scraps of fabric into a fun bowtie that will spice up any shirt. Via Beauty Riot http://www.beautyriot.com/fashion/14-diy-denim-projects-g11111-page5
- Cut offs with a twist – Add a little something extra to make those denim cut offs stand out from the crowd. Via DIY Refashion http://www.diyrefashion.com/azziebeatty/diy-fashion-GEYDMMY/24-stylish-diy-clothing-tutorials-style-motivation-GEYDMNRV
- Over-the-door organizer – turn those ugly jeans into something useful. Via Hong Kong Chic http://hkchic.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/denim-belts-organizer.html
- From trousers to vest – Just because your jeans don’t fit your bottom, doesn’t mean they can’t fit your top! Via Style Boulevard http://style-boulevard.blogspot.pt/2012/09/diy-turn-old-jeans-into-vest.html
- Seams like bracelets – Every single bit can be used up, turn those seams into cute bracelets. Via Av Suzanne http://avsusanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/denim-bracelet-tutorial.html
- Jeans tidy away – After you’ve cut your jeans into shorts you can turn those leftovers into useful tidy away fabric bowls. Via Repiny http://www.repiny.com/pin-860.html
- Pompom necklace – Add some interest to a plain top with this easy to make denim pompom necklace. Via Linen, Lace and Love http://www.linenlaceandlove.com/2013/02/diy-pom-pom-necklace-out-of-old-jeans.html
Filed under Money Saving Ideas